The material is low carbon or alloy steel,such as ZG270-500,ZG42CrMo,ZG35Mn and so on.
|Steel Grade||Chemical Composition %|
Rb / MPa
A / %
Reduction of Area
It is up to customers’ requirement.
|Casting Material||EN 15713/EN 10571/BS 3100/DIN 1681/DIN17205|
|Casting Tolerance in Blank||ISO 8062 CT 13|
|Size Tolerance||DIN ISO 2768m|
|NDT||ASTM A609 Level 2 or 3 /EN 12680/ASTM E94 Level 2 or 3|
Haian CHINAMFG Casting Co.,Ltd. is established in 2003 in CHINAMFG Town.
In 2007,we moved our factory to Sunzhuang town and now we can supply bigger steel castings with max. weight 45 tons.
In 2011,we built a new sand mold maiking workshop with 120 tons refinining CHINAMFG and the max. weight can be 120 tons.
In 2013,we paid more attenion on the castings for shipbuilding and started to supply marine castings for most of domestic famous shipyards.
From 2013 to 2571,we bought more and more machines to strengthen our ability from rough machining to finished machining.
In 2571,we built another new sand mold making workshop for the quick development of market requirement.
Now we monthly supply 6000 tons different castings for different customers of different industry,such as cement mill,shipubuilding,petroleum machinery,rolling mill,forging press and so on.
We have our own wooden pattern making workshop.
But our company is always busy,
we also have around 10 sub-contractors for pattern making.
They help us for the pattern but will be inspected according to our rules.
We will record for every pattern inspection.
2)Silica or chorme sand cores
We have around 80 technicans for sand core making which is divided into around 10 teams.
Most of the technicans has more than 10 years’ experience.
Most of the sand core is made by silica sand with common sand inside of it.
The common sand will be used repeatly.
For some important position,such as R corner,we will use chorme ore sand.
The outside of the sand core,we will do the painting,burn and clean it.
We will assemble diffrent sand cores together and wait for pouring.
3)Melting and Pouring
We always do the melting after mid-night for cheaper electric charge.
And we normally do pouring in the early morning.
|1||25 tons Electrical Arc Furnace||1|
|2||50 tons Intermediate Frequency Furnace||2|
|3||120 tons Refining Furnace||1|
|4||120 tons VD Furnace||2|
Before and after pouring,we will do the chemical compostion test.
After pouring,we will wait for different time for cooling according to casting’s weight.
|Item||Weight in blank(Metric Tons)||Cooling Time(Hour)|
We have our experience and rules for cooling time.
After cooling,we will shake the casting out of the steel boxes and clean them.
Normalizing will be 3 days while tempering is 4 days.
We have around 10 sets of heat treatment furnaces.
The biggest 1 is 12m*9m*6m.
It is also the biggest size of castings we can make.
After heat treatment,we will do the mechanical property test.
Our ordinary test block’s size is 230mm*70mm*50mm.
One casting part will min. have 3 pcs test blocks.
We have our testing center and it is approved by CNAS.
6)Draw the line and do the first rough machining
We can do the machining from rough to finished machining.
7)NDT after rough machining
We have rich experience for making support rollers and kiln tyres,
then there is no welding for the outside working position.
This is our special technology.
Every year we supply around 400pcs kiln tyres,930pcs support roller,170 sets gear( in 2 halves).
But for some other castings,if we do the welding repair,
we will do the tempering for stress relief later.
All of our welders have the SGS certficate.
9)Shot blasting and grinding
We have a robert grinder.
We have a 120 tons rotary shot blasting table.
We have a lot of vertical lathes from 2.5m to 10m.
We get approval from CNAS for our laboratory.
We also have 9 class certificate,such as ABS,DNV,NK,RINA,KR,CCS,BV and so on.
Packaging & Shipping
We supply a lot of castings for cement mill,rolling mill,shipbuilding and so on.
We can do the packing according to our rules or according to customers’ requirement.
After Sales Service
Normally there is a 12 months quality warantty.
We do at least 3 times NDT:after rough,semi-finished and finished machining.
And also the customer will do the witness during or after finished machining.
If there is also any problem when you receive the castings,
please send us photos and detailed defects,
we will negotiate with you and make a compensation.
A third party inspection before shipment is welcomed.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Type:||Chemical Hardening Sand|
|Casting Method:||Directional Crystallization|
|Sand Core Type:||Sodium Silicate Sand Core|
Are there different types of ring gears available?
Yes, there are different types of ring gears available to suit various applications and functional requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation of the different types of ring gears:
- External Ring Gears: External ring gears, also known as external annular gears, have teeth on the outer circumference of the gear. These gears mesh with an internal gear or a pinion gear. External ring gears are commonly used in applications where the gear rotation needs to be transferred to an internal gear or where a high gear ratio is desired.
- Internal Ring Gears: Internal ring gears, also known as internal annular gears, have teeth on the inner circumference of the gear. These gears mesh with an external gear or a pinion gear. Internal ring gears are frequently used in applications where the gear rotation needs to be transmitted to an external gear or where a compact gear assembly is required.
- Segmental Ring Gears: Segmental ring gears are ring gears that are divided into segments or sectors. Each segment has a portion of the gear’s circumference with teeth. These segments can be individually mounted or assembled together to form a complete ring gear. Segmental ring gears are used in applications where flexibility in gear installation or replacement is necessary, such as large-scale gear systems or machinery with limited access.
- Spur Ring Gears: Spur ring gears have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear’s axis of rotation. These gears offer simple and efficient operation with high gear ratios. Spur ring gears are commonly used in applications that require precise motion control, such as robotics, automotive transmissions, and industrial machinery.
- Helical Ring Gears: Helical ring gears have teeth with a helix angle. The helical teeth form a helical or spiral pattern around the gear’s circumference. Helical ring gears provide smoother and quieter operation compared to spur ring gears due to the gradual engagement of the teeth. They are often used in applications that demand high torque transmission, such as heavy machinery, marine propulsion systems, and power generation equipment.
- Bevel Ring Gears: Bevel ring gears have teeth that are conically shaped and intersect the gear’s axis of rotation. These gears are used in applications that require the transmission of motion and torque between shafts that are not parallel but intersect at an angle. Bevel ring gears are commonly found in automotive differentials, hand tools, and various industrial machinery.
- Planetary Ring Gears: Planetary ring gears are part of planetary gear systems, which consist of multiple gears arranged in a planetary configuration. The ring gear serves as the stationary outer gear, while other gears, such as sun gears and planet gears, revolve around it. Planetary ring gears are used in applications that require compact and efficient gear systems, such as automotive transmissions, robotics, and aerospace mechanisms.
The specific type of ring gear chosen for a particular application depends on factors such as load requirements, space limitations, gear ratios, operating conditions, and desired performance characteristics.
What is the lifespan of a typical ring gear?
The lifespan of a typical ring gear can vary depending on various factors. Here’s a detailed explanation of the factors that influence the lifespan of a ring gear:
The lifespan of a ring gear is influenced by several factors, including:
- Material Quality: The quality of the material used to manufacture the ring gear plays a significant role in its lifespan. High-quality materials with good mechanical properties, such as hardened steel or alloys with high wear resistance, tend to have longer lifespans compared to lower-quality materials.
- Design and Load Conditions: The design of the ring gear, including its tooth profile, dimensions, and load-bearing capacity, affects its lifespan. Ring gears designed to handle higher loads and stresses are likely to have longer lifespans. The operating conditions, such as the magnitude and frequency of the torque loads, also impact the lifespan of the ring gear.
- Maintenance and Lubrication: Proper maintenance and lubrication are essential for preserving the lifespan of a ring gear. Regular inspection, cleaning, and lubrication of the gear system help reduce wear and prevent damage. Inadequate maintenance or the use of improper lubricants can accelerate wear and shorten the lifespan of the ring gear.
- Operating Environment: The operating environment in which the ring gear operates affects its lifespan. Factors such as temperature extremes, humidity, contaminants, and exposure to corrosive substances can impact the material integrity and performance of the ring gear. Harsh operating environments may lead to accelerated wear and reduced lifespan.
- Application-Specific Factors: The specific application in which the ring gear is used can influence its lifespan. Some applications may subject the ring gear to severe operating conditions, high-speed rotations, frequent starts and stops, or heavy shock loads, which can affect its durability and longevity. The accuracy of gear alignment, proper installation, and any additional factors specific to the application should be considered to assess the ring gear’s lifespan.
Given these factors, it is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical ring gear. Lifespan estimates can range from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands or even millions of operating cycles or hours of operation. The longevity of a ring gear can be extended through proper selection of materials, careful design, routine maintenance, and adherence to recommended operating and lubrication practices.
It’s important to note that the lifespan of a ring gear can also depend on the presence of any unforeseen or exceptional circumstances, such as manufacturing defects, abnormal operating conditions, or unforeseen incidents that can cause premature failure. Regular inspection and monitoring of the gear system can help identify any signs of wear, damage, or potential issues, allowing for timely maintenance or replacement to ensure continued reliable operation.
How do ring gears differ from other types of gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, possess distinct characteristics that set them apart from other types of gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of how ring gears differ from other gears:
- Tooth Configuration: The most significant difference between ring gears and other gears is their tooth configuration. In a ring gear, the teeth are located on the inside circumference of a circular ring, whereas in other gears such as spur gears, helical gears, and bevel gears, the teeth are present on the outer surface of the gear. This internal tooth arrangement makes ring gears unique and allows them to mesh with pinion gears or other external gears.
- Gear Assembly: The assembly of ring gears differs from other gears. In most cases, ring gears are used in combination with pinion gears or other external gears. The pinion gear meshes with the teeth on the inside of the ring gear. This gear set configuration enables the transmission of rotational motion and torque.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute the load over a larger area compared to other types of gears. The load is spread across the internal teeth of the ring gear, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and enhanced gear durability. This load distribution characteristic makes ring gears suitable for applications that involve high loads or continuous operation.
- Gear Ratio: Ring gears offer specific advantages in terms of gear ratios. They are commonly used in applications where high gear ratios are required. The gear ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the ring gear compared to the number of teeth on the mating gear (such as a pinion gear). The internal tooth configuration of the ring gear allows for larger gear diameters, enabling higher gear ratios to be achieved.
- Space Utilization: Ring gears provide a compact design compared to some other types of gears. The internal tooth arrangement allows for a more space-efficient gear assembly. This compactness is advantageous in applications where space is limited or where a high gear ratio needs to be achieved within a confined area.
- Applications: Ring gears are commonly used in automotive transmissions, differential systems, planetary gear systems, industrial machinery, robotics, power generation equipment, and heavy machinery. Their unique characteristics make them suitable for applications that require precise motion control, load distribution, and high gear ratios.
It’s important to note that the specific design, tooth profile, material selection, and manufacturing techniques may vary for different types of gears, including ring gears. Each type of gear is designed to meet specific application requirements, operating conditions, and performance needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-13