Casting—Normalizing&Tempering—Rough machining—Hardening Tempering—Semi-finishing machining—Drilling deep hole—Hobbing—Tooth Surface Quenching—Gear grinding—Inspection—Package—Delivery
Internal Gear Processing
Internal Gear Ring drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
Inner Gear Package
Spray anti-rust oil on large internal girth Gear, Wrap waterproof cloth around , Prepare package by shaft shape & weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
OEM Customized Large Inner Gear Ring
We supply OEM SERVICE, customized internal gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material Internal Ring Gear.
|Gear Teeth Number||z||OEM/Customized|
|Surface hardness||HRC||Range: HRC 50~HRC63(Quenching)|
|Hardness:||HB||Range: HB150~HB280; Hardening Tempering/ Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Surface finish||Range: Ra1.6~Ra3.2|
|Tooth surface roughness||Ra||Range: ≥0.4|
|Gear Accuracy Grade||Grade Range: 5-6-7-8-9 (ISO 1328)|
|Weight||Kg||Range: >100kg/ Single Piece|
|Toothed Portion Shape||internal, inner gear ring|
|Material||Casting 42CrMo/45# steel or Customized|
|Gear Teeth Milling||√|
|Gear Teeth Grinding||√|
|Heat Treatment||Quenching /Carburizing|
|Application||Gearbox, Reducer etc|
|Transport Package||Export package (steel frame, wooden box, etc.)|
TOTEM Machinery all the time works to supply GEAR SHAFT, ECCENTRIC SHAFT, HERRINGBONE GEAR, BEVEL GEAR, INTERNAL GEAR and other parts for transmission device & equipment (large industrial reducer & driver). Which mainly use to industrial equipment on fields of port facilities, cement, mining, metallurgical industry etc.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality suppliers’ network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
TOTEM Philosophy: Quality-No.1, Integrity- No.1, Service- No.1
24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback. Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
1. Workshop & Processing Strength
2. Testing Facilities
3. Customer Inspection & Shipping
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Machinery Co.,Ltd
Facebook: ZheJiang Totem
What’s CHINAMFG product processing progress?
Drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
How about TOTEM’s export package?
Spray anti-rust oil on Herringbone Gear Shaft, Wrap waterproof cloth around Gear Shaft for reducer, Prepare package by shaft shape&weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
Could I customize gear\gear shaft on TOTEM?
We supply customized Gear Shaft,Eccentric Shaft,Herringbone Gear,Internal Gear,Bevel Gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, forging or casting 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material.
Why can I choose TOTEM?
TOTEM has 24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality supplier’s network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery, Reducer|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Slotting Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
How do you choose the right size ring gear for your application?
Choosing the right size ring gear for a specific application involves considering several factors related to the gear system, load requirements, space constraints, and performance objectives. Here’s a detailed explanation of the process involved in selecting the appropriate size ring gear:
- Determine the Gear System Parameters: Understand the specific requirements of the gear system in which the ring gear will be used. This includes identifying the input power, desired output speed, torque requirements, and operating conditions such as temperature, vibration, and lubrication.
- Calculate Gear Ratios: Determine the required gear ratios for the gear system. Gear ratios define the relationship between the rotational speeds and torques of the driving and driven gears. By knowing the desired gear ratios, you can calculate the appropriate size of the ring gear relative to the other gears in the system.
- Evaluate Load Capacity: Assess the load capacity needed for the application. Consider the maximum torque and radial loads that the ring gear will experience during operation. It’s crucial to select a ring gear that can handle the anticipated loads without excessive wear, deformation, or failure.
- Consider Space Limitations: Determine the available space for the ring gear within the application. Consider the overall dimensions, such as the outer diameter, inner diameter, and thickness of the ring gear. Ensure that the selected size fits within the designated space without interfering with other components or compromising the overall functionality of the system.
- Account for Manufacturing Considerations: Consider the manufacturability of the ring gear. Evaluate factors such as the feasibility of producing the required tooth profile, the availability of suitable materials, and the manufacturing capabilities of the supplier. It’s important to choose a size that can be efficiently manufactured while meeting the required quality standards.
- Consult Design Guidelines and Standards: Refer to industry design guidelines, standards, and specifications specific to the type of gear and application. These guidelines provide recommendations and formulas for calculating gear sizes based on factors such as tooth strength, contact stress, and bending stress. Adhering to recognized standards ensures that the selected ring gear size is appropriate for the intended application.
It is often beneficial to consult with gear design engineers or industry experts to ensure the proper selection of the ring gear size. They can provide detailed analysis, simulation, and expertise in choosing the optimal size based on the specific requirements and constraints of the application.
By carefully considering these factors and following established design practices, you can choose the right size ring gear that will deliver reliable performance, efficient power transmission, and long-term durability for your application.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using ring gears?
Using ring gears in various applications offers several advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using ring gears:
Advantages of Using Ring Gears:
- Efficient Power Transmission: Ring gears provide efficient power transmission by transmitting rotational energy and torque between components. They enable smooth and reliable transfer of power, resulting in efficient operation of the system.
- High Torque Capacity: Ring gears are designed to handle high torque loads. Their robust construction and large contact area between gear teeth allow for the transmission of substantial amounts of torque, making them suitable for applications that require high torque capacity.
- Compact Design: Ring gears have a compact design compared to other gear types, such as spur gears or helical gears. This compactness allows for space-saving installations, making ring gears suitable for applications with limited space or tight packaging requirements.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute loads evenly across the gear system, preventing localized overloading and reducing the risk of premature component failure. They help ensure balanced operation and optimal load sharing among gears, resulting in improved system reliability.
- Versatility: Ring gears are versatile and can be used in a wide range of applications across various industries. They are found in automotive transmissions, industrial gearboxes, wind turbines, robotics, printing presses, and many other machinery and equipment types.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: Well-designed ring gears with proper tooth profiles and tight tolerances can provide smooth and quiet operation. They minimize noise and vibrations, enhancing the overall user experience and reducing the need for additional noise reduction measures.
Disadvantages of Using Ring Gears:
- Complex Manufacturing: The manufacturing process for ring gears can be more complex compared to simpler gear types. The intricate geometry and tooth profiles of ring gears require precise machining and specialized manufacturing techniques, which may increase production costs.
- Higher Friction and Wear: Ring gears can generate higher levels of friction compared to other gear types. The sliding motion of the gear teeth during engagement can result in increased wear and heat generation. Proper lubrication and maintenance are necessary to minimize friction and ensure long-term durability.
- Backlash: Ring gears may exhibit a certain amount of backlash, which is the play or clearance between gear teeth when they change direction. Backlash can impact the accuracy and precision of the gear system, especially in applications that require high positioning or synchronization requirements. Minimizing backlash requires careful design and precise manufacturing.
- Complex Gear Meshing: Ring gears require proper gear meshing with other gears to ensure efficient power transmission. Achieving optimal gear meshing can be more challenging due to the curved profile of the ring gear. It requires careful design considerations and precise alignment to ensure smooth and reliable operation.
- Cost: Ring gears can be more expensive than simpler gear types due to their complex manufacturing process and specialized design requirements. The higher cost may be a consideration in applications with strict budget constraints or where alternative gear types can fulfill the required functionality.
It’s important to consider the specific requirements and constraints of the application when deciding whether to use ring gears. While they offer advantages such as efficient power transmission, high torque capacity, and compact design, they also have disadvantages related to manufacturing complexity, friction, backlash, and cost. Proper engineering analysis and evaluation can help determine the suitability of ring gears for a given application.
How do ring gears differ from other types of gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, possess distinct characteristics that set them apart from other types of gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of how ring gears differ from other gears:
1. Tooth Configuration: The most significant difference between ring gears and other gears is their tooth configuration. In a ring gear, the teeth are located on the inside circumference of a circular ring, whereas in other gears such as spur gears, helical gears, and bevel gears, the teeth are present on the outer surface of the gear. This internal tooth arrangement makes ring gears unique and allows them to mesh with pinion gears or other external gears.
2. Gear Assembly: The assembly of ring gears differs from other gears. In most cases, ring gears are used in combination with pinion gears or other external gears. The pinion gear meshes with the teeth on the inside of the ring gear. This gear set configuration enables the transmission of rotational motion and torque.
3. Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute the load over a larger area compared to other types of gears. The load is spread across the internal teeth of the ring gear, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and enhanced gear durability. This load distribution characteristic makes ring gears suitable for applications that involve high loads or continuous operation.
4. Gear Ratio: Ring gears offer specific advantages in terms of gear ratios. They are commonly used in applications where high gear ratios are required. The gear ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the ring gear compared to the number of teeth on the mating gear (such as a pinion gear). The internal tooth configuration of the ring gear allows for larger gear diameters, enabling higher gear ratios to be achieved.
5. Space Utilization: Ring gears provide a compact design compared to some other types of gears. The internal tooth arrangement allows for a more space-efficient gear assembly. This compactness is advantageous in applications where space is limited or where a high gear ratio needs to be achieved within a confined area.
6. Applications: Ring gears are commonly used in automotive transmissions, differential systems, planetary gear systems, industrial machinery, robotics, power generation equipment, and heavy machinery. Their unique characteristics make them suitable for applications that require precise motion control, load distribution, and high gear ratios.
It’s important to note that the specific design, tooth profile, material selection, and manufacturing techniques may vary for different types of gears, including ring gears. Each type of gear is designed to meet specific application requirements, operating conditions, and performance needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-21