Teeth Number: 92
The slewing bearing consists of an inner race and an outer race, 1 of which usually contains a gear. Together with the connecting holes in the 2 rings, they make the connection between adjacent machine parts simple and fast, so as to achieve optimal power transmission. The bearing raceway is designed together with the rolling element and cage or gasket to adapt to the load acting separately or in combination in any direction.
we produces standard and custom slewing bearings of various designs, with an outside diameter ranging from 0.2m to 5m, to meet the needs of specific applications.
We can supply the slewing bearing from the diameter from 20cm to 5m.
Regular maintenance is essential to maintain the good condition of the slewing bearing. The following are some maintenance tips:
It is recommended to follow the maintenance schedule provided by the manufacturer for the specific excavator model to ensure proper care and longevity of the slewing bearing.
We mainly undertake coarse and finishing parts, reducer, gearbox, bridge and other supporting products, which are used in heavy machinery such as construction machinery excavator, high-speed railway and special industries. The construction of this project enables high-end parts finishing, reducer and bridge box production technology to reach the international advanced level.
Products: Mainly undertake coarse finishing parts, reducer, gearbox, bridge and other supporting products, which are used in construction machinery excavator, high-speed railway and other heavy machinery. The construction of this project enables high-end parts finishing, reducer and bridge box production technology to reach the international advanced level.
1. At present, the company has a technical research and development team of more than 70 people, more than 90% of which have more than 10 years of hydraulic product technology accumulation, has become the main force of the company to develop new products.
2, the company currently around the hydraulic excavator hydraulic parts, products have formed a series:
Three major systems have been developed:
Positive flow system, negative flow system, load sensing control system;
6 ton products, 8 ton products, 20 ton products, 40 ton products, concrete series products.
In order to help identify your slewing ring, we recommend the following:
1. Provide the model of the bearing fits.
2. Provide a quick drawing giving with the following dimensions noted as accurately as possible.
– Inner ring and outer ring diameters – Inner and outer flange diameters and heights.
– The height of the inner ring, outer ring and total assembled height.
– The PCD of mounting holes in the inner and outer rings. Also note hole size, through or blind and or taped – Gear detail including number of teeth, approx tooth pitch, tooth height and depth + profile if possible
How do you choose the right size ring gear for your application?
Choosing the right size ring gear for a specific application involves considering several factors related to the gear system, load requirements, space constraints, and performance objectives. Here’s a detailed explanation of the process involved in selecting the appropriate size ring gear:
- Determine the Gear System Parameters: Understand the specific requirements of the gear system in which the ring gear will be used. This includes identifying the input power, desired output speed, torque requirements, and operating conditions such as temperature, vibration, and lubrication.
- Calculate Gear Ratios: Determine the required gear ratios for the gear system. Gear ratios define the relationship between the rotational speeds and torques of the driving and driven gears. By knowing the desired gear ratios, you can calculate the appropriate size of the ring gear relative to the other gears in the system.
- Evaluate Load Capacity: Assess the load capacity needed for the application. Consider the maximum torque and radial loads that the ring gear will experience during operation. It’s crucial to select a ring gear that can handle the anticipated loads without excessive wear, deformation, or failure.
- Consider Space Limitations: Determine the available space for the ring gear within the application. Consider the overall dimensions, such as the outer diameter, inner diameter, and thickness of the ring gear. Ensure that the selected size fits within the designated space without interfering with other components or compromising the overall functionality of the system.
- Account for Manufacturing Considerations: Consider the manufacturability of the ring gear. Evaluate factors such as the feasibility of producing the required tooth profile, the availability of suitable materials, and the manufacturing capabilities of the supplier. It’s important to choose a size that can be efficiently manufactured while meeting the required quality standards.
- Consult Design Guidelines and Standards: Refer to industry design guidelines, standards, and specifications specific to the type of gear and application. These guidelines provide recommendations and formulas for calculating gear sizes based on factors such as tooth strength, contact stress, and bending stress. Adhering to recognized standards ensures that the selected ring gear size is appropriate for the intended application.
It is often beneficial to consult with gear design engineers or industry experts to ensure the proper selection of the ring gear size. They can provide detailed analysis, simulation, and expertise in choosing the optimal size based on the specific requirements and constraints of the application.
By carefully considering these factors and following established design practices, you can choose the right size ring gear that will deliver reliable performance, efficient power transmission, and long-term durability for your application.
How do you prevent backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism?
Preventing backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism is crucial for ensuring accurate and precise operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to prevent backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism:
- Precise Gear Design: The design of the ring gear and associated gears should be carefully engineered to minimize backlash. This involves selecting appropriate tooth profiles and gear geometry that promote proper meshing and minimize clearance between the gear teeth. The gear design should consider factors such as tooth thickness, pressure angle, and tooth contact ratio to achieve optimal gear meshing without excessive play.
- Tight Manufacturing Tolerances: Close manufacturing tolerances are essential to reduce backlash in a ring gear mechanism. The gear components, including the ring gear and mating gears, should be produced with high precision to ensure accurate tooth dimensions and minimize any gaps or play between the gear teeth. Tight manufacturing tolerances help achieve a tighter meshing fit, reducing backlash and gear play.
- Proper Gear Alignment: Accurate alignment of the ring gear and mating gears is crucial for minimizing backlash. The gears should be properly aligned along their axes to ensure precise engagement and minimize any misalignment that can contribute to play. Adequate alignment can be achieved through careful assembly techniques, such as using alignment fixtures, proper shimming, and precision measurement tools.
- Preload or Pre-tension: Applying preload or pre-tension to the ring gear mechanism can help reduce backlash and gear play. Preload involves applying a slight compressive force or tension to eliminate any clearance or gaps between the gear teeth during operation. This can be achieved through various methods, such as using spring-loaded components, adjustable shims, or axial preloading devices.
- Optimized Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for reducing friction and minimizing gear play. Lubricants with appropriate viscosity and film strength should be used to ensure smooth gear operation and reduce any unwanted movement or play between the gear teeth. Regular lubricant maintenance, such as monitoring oil levels and replenishing or replacing lubricants as needed, helps maintain optimal lubrication conditions and minimize backlash.
- Mechanical Backlash Compensation: In some applications, mechanical compensation mechanisms can be employed to actively compensate for any residual backlash. These mechanisms can include systems with adjustable clearances, anti-backlash devices, or dual-gear arrangements that counteract the effects of backlash. Mechanical backlash compensation techniques can help maintain precise positioning and eliminate any undesired play in the gear mechanism.
By implementing these measures, it is possible to significantly reduce or eliminate backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism. Careful gear design, tight manufacturing tolerances, proper alignment, preload or pre-tension, optimized lubrication, and mechanical compensation techniques all play a role in ensuring accurate and precise operation of the ring gear mechanism.
What are the applications of ring gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, have a wide range of applications across various industries and mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of ring gears:
Ring gears are commonly used in numerous applications where rotational motion, torque transmission, and load distribution are essential. The unique design and characteristics of ring gears make them suitable for a variety of mechanical systems. Here are some common applications of ring gears:
- Automotive Transmissions: Ring gears are extensively used in automotive transmissions, particularly in automatic and manual transmissions. They are part of the gear train that transfers rotational motion and torque from the engine to the wheels. Ring gears in automotive applications are typically large in size and designed to handle high torque loads.
- Differential Systems: Ring gears play a crucial role in differential systems found in vehicles. The differential assembly allows the wheels on an axle to rotate at different speeds while distributing torque evenly. Ring gears form an integral part of the differential assembly, enabling torque transfer and speed differentiation between the drive wheels.
- Planetary Gear Systems: Ring gears are a fundamental component in planetary gear systems, which are widely used in various applications. Planetary gear systems consist of a central sun gear, planet gears, and a ring gear. The ring gear serves as the outer ring that meshes with the planet gears and the sun gear. Planetary gear systems offer high gear ratios, compactness, and versatility, making them suitable for applications such as automotive transmissions, industrial machinery, and aerospace systems.
- Industrial Machinery: Ring gears find extensive use in industrial machinery for power transmission, motion control, and speed regulation. They are employed in equipment such as gearboxes, speed reducers, hoists, conveyors, and rotary tables. Ring gears enable efficient torque transmission, precise motion control, and load distribution in these industrial applications.
- Robotics and Automation: Ring gears are utilized in robotics and automation systems for precise motion control and synchronization. They can be found in robotic arms, automated assembly lines, CNC machines, and other robotic applications where accurate positioning and precise motion are critical. Ring gears provide the necessary torque transmission and gear reduction required for precise robotic movements.
- Power Generation: Ring gears are used in power generation equipment, such as wind turbines and hydroelectric generators. They form part of the gearboxes that convert the rotational motion of the turbine or generator rotor into electrical energy. Ring gears in power generation applications need to handle high torque loads, operate reliably, and provide efficient power transmission.
- Heavy Machinery and Construction Equipment: Ring gears are employed in heavy machinery and construction equipment, including excavators, cranes, mining equipment, and agricultural machinery. They facilitate the transmission of power and torque for various functions, such as lifting, digging, and material handling. Ring gears in these applications are designed to withstand high loads, rugged environments, and demanding operating conditions.
These are just a few examples of the applications of ring gears. Their versatility, load-carrying capacity, compact design, and ability to achieve high gear ratios make them suitable for a wide range of mechanical systems across industries.
The specific design, size, and material selection of ring gears may vary depending on the application requirements, operating conditions, and performance specifications.
editor by CX 2023-09-23