The material is low carbon or alloy steel,such as ZG270-500,ZG42CrMo,ZG35Mn and so on.
|Steel Grade||Chemical Composition %|
Rb / MPa
A / %
Reduction of Area
It is up to customers’ requirement.
|Casting Material||EN 15713/EN 10571/BS 3100/DIN 1681/DIN17205|
|Casting Tolerance in Blank||ISO 8062 CT 13|
|Size Tolerance||DIN ISO 2768m|
|NDT||ASTM A609 Level 2 or 3 /EN 12680/ASTM E94 Level 2 or 3|
Haian CHINAMFG Casting Co.,Ltd. is established in 2003 in CHINAMFG Town.
In 2007,we moved our factory to Sunzhuang town and now we can supply bigger steel castings with max. weight 45 tons.
In 2011,we built a new sand mold maiking workshop with 120 tons refinining CHINAMFG and the max. weight can be 120 tons.
In 2013,we paid more attenion on the castings for shipbuilding and started to supply marine castings for most of domestic famous shipyards.
From 2013 to 2571,we bought more and more machines to strengthen our ability from rough machining to finished machining.
In 2571,we built another new sand mold making workshop for the quick development of market requirement.
Now we monthly supply 6000 tons different castings for different customers of different industry,such as cement mill,shipubuilding,petroleum machinery,rolling mill,forging press and so on.
We have our own wooden pattern making workshop.
But our company is always busy,
we also have around 10 sub-contractors for pattern making.
They help us for the pattern but will be inspected according to our rules.
We will record for every pattern inspection.
2)Silica or chorme sand cores
We have around 80 technicans for sand core making which is divided into around 10 teams.
Most of the technicans has more than 10 years’ experience.
Most of the sand core is made by silica sand with common sand inside of it.
The common sand will be used repeatly.
For some important position,such as R corner,we will use chorme ore sand.
The outside of the sand core,we will do the painting,burn and clean it.
We will assemble diffrent sand cores together and wait for pouring.
3)Melting and Pouring
We always do the melting after mid-night for cheaper electric charge.
And we normally do pouring in the early morning.
|1||25 tons Electrical Arc Furnace||1|
|2||50 tons Intermediate Frequency Furnace||2|
|3||120 tons Refining Furnace||1|
|4||120 tons VD Furnace||2|
Before and after pouring,we will do the chemical compostion test.
After pouring,we will wait for different time for cooling according to casting’s weight.
|Item||Weight in blank(Metric Tons)||Cooling Time(Hour)|
We have our experience and rules for cooling time.
After cooling,we will shake the casting out of the steel boxes and clean them.
Normalizing will be 3 days while tempering is 4 days.
We have around 10 sets of heat treatment furnaces.
The biggest 1 is 12m*9m*6m.
It is also the biggest size of castings we can make.
After heat treatment,we will do the mechanical property test.
Our ordinary test block’s size is 230mm*70mm*50mm.
One casting part will min. have 3 pcs test blocks.
We have our testing center and it is approved by CNAS.
6)Draw the line and do the first rough machining
We can do the machining from rough to finished machining.
7)NDT after rough machining
We have rich experience for making support rollers and kiln tyres,
then there is no welding for the outside working position.
This is our special technology.
Every year we supply around 400pcs kiln tyres,930pcs support roller,170 sets gear( in 2 halves).
But for some other castings,if we do the welding repair,
we will do the tempering for stress relief later.
All of our welders have the SGS certficate.
9)Shot blasting and grinding
We have a robert grinder.
We have a 120 tons rotary shot blasting table.
We have a lot of vertical lathes from 2.5m to 10m.
We get approval from CNAS for our laboratory.
We also have 9 class certificate,such as ABS,DNV,NK,RINA,KR,CCS,BV and so on.
Packaging & Shipping
We supply a lot of castings for cement mill,rolling mill,shipbuilding and so on.
We can do the packing according to our rules or according to customers’ requirement.
After Sales Service
Normally there is a 12 months quality warantty.
We do at least 3 times NDT:after rough,semi-finished and finished machining.
And also the customer will do the witness during or after finished machining.
If there is also any problem when you receive the castings,
please send us photos and detailed defects,
we will negotiate with you and make a compensation.
A third party inspection before shipment is welcomed.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Type:||Chemical Hardening Sand|
|Casting Method:||Directional Crystallization|
|Sand Core Type:||Sodium Silicate Sand Core|
What is the purpose of using ring gears in machinery?
Ring gears serve multiple purposes and offer various advantages when used in machinery. Here’s a detailed explanation of the purpose of using ring gears:
- Power Transmission: One of the primary purposes of ring gears in machinery is to facilitate power transmission. Ring gears, along with other meshing gears, transmit torque and rotational motion from the driving gear to the driven components or systems. They enable the transfer of power from a power source to various parts of the machinery, driving the movement and operation of different mechanisms and processes.
- Gear Ratio Control: Ring gears allow for precise control over the gear ratio in machinery. By adjusting the size of the ring gear and its meshing gears, different gear ratios can be achieved. Gear ratios determine the relationship between the rotational speeds and torques of the driving and driven gears. This ability to control the gear ratio enables machinery to operate at desired speeds, optimize torque output, and adapt to specific application requirements.
- Mechanical Advantage: Ring gears provide a mechanical advantage in machinery. By leveraging the gear ratio control mentioned above, ring gears can amplify or reduce the torque output of the power source. This mechanical advantage allows machinery to generate higher forces or torques than the original power source alone. It enables the machinery to handle heavy loads, perform tasks requiring significant force, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears contribute to load distribution within machinery. The meshing teeth of the ring gear engage with multiple teeth of other gears, distributing the transmitted loads across these meshing points. This load distribution helps prevent excessive stress concentration on specific gear teeth, ensuring even wear and reducing the risk of gear failure. By distributing the load, ring gears enhance the overall durability and reliability of the machinery.
- Motion Control: Ring gears play a crucial role in motion control within machinery. By transmitting rotational motion, ring gears enable precise movement and synchronization of various components and mechanisms. They ensure that different parts of the machinery operate in a coordinated manner, allowing for smooth and controlled motion. Ring gears contribute to accurate positioning, speed regulation, and overall motion precision in machinery.
- Compact Design: Ring gears offer a compact design solution. Due to their annular shape, they can be integrated into machinery with limited space. The compactness of ring gears is particularly beneficial in applications where space constraints are a concern. Their small footprint allows for efficient use of available space, enabling the design of more compact and lightweight machinery without sacrificing power transmission capabilities.
- Versatile Applications: Ring gears find wide applications across various industries and machinery types. They are used in automotive transmissions, industrial machinery, robotics, aerospace systems, power generation equipment, and more. The versatility of ring gears stems from the ability to configure them in different types, such as external or internal ring gears, helical gears, or bevel gears. This versatility makes ring gears adaptable to a wide range of machinery designs and requirements.
By serving these purposes, ring gears contribute to the efficient and reliable operation of machinery. They enable power transmission, gear ratio control, mechanical advantage, load distribution, motion control, and compact design, making them essential components in various mechanical systems.
How do you maintain and service a ring gear system?
Maintaining and servicing a ring gear system is crucial to ensure its optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Here’s a detailed explanation of the maintenance and service procedures for a ring gear system:
- Regular Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of the ring gear system to detect any signs of wear, damage, misalignment, or abnormal conditions. Inspect the gear teeth for chips, cracks, or excessive wear. Check for proper gear engagement and backlash. Inspect the mounting bolts or fasteners for tightness. Regular inspections help identify potential issues early on and prevent further damage or failures.
- Cleaning and Lubrication: Clean the ring gear system periodically to remove dirt, debris, and old lubricant. Use appropriate cleaning methods and solvents that are compatible with the gear system materials. After cleaning, apply fresh lubricant according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Ensure proper lubrication coverage and distribution to minimize friction, wear, and heat generation.
- Lubricant Analysis: Periodically analyze the condition of the lubricant in the ring gear system to assess its effectiveness and detect any contamination or degradation. Lubricant analysis involves collecting samples and sending them to a laboratory for testing. The analysis results can provide valuable information about the lubricant’s viscosity, contamination levels, and overall condition. Based on the analysis, determine whether lubricant replacement or additional maintenance actions are necessary.
- Bearing and Seal Inspection: If the ring gear system includes bearings or seals, inspect them regularly for wear, damage, or leaks. Check for excessive play, noise, or overheating in the bearings. Inspect the seals for proper sealing and lubricant retention. Replace any worn-out bearings or damaged seals to prevent further damage to the ring gear system.
- Torque Checks: Periodically check the torque of the mounting bolts or fasteners that secure the ring gear system. Over time, vibrations and operational stresses can cause bolts to loosen. Ensure that the bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque specifications. Perform torque checks during scheduled maintenance intervals or when any signs of loosening are observed.
- Alignment and Gear Meshing: Check and adjust the alignment of the ring gear system if necessary. Misalignment can lead to uneven wear, increased load on the gear teeth, and reduced performance. Ensure proper gear meshing and backlash according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Adjust the gear positioning or contact pattern if deemed necessary during inspections or maintenance activities.
- Repair or Replacement: If any significant damage, wear, or malfunction is identified during inspections or maintenance activities, plan for repair or replacement of the affected components. Depending on the severity and nature of the issue, repairs may involve repairing gear teeth, replacing damaged parts, or realigning the gear system. If extensive damage is present or the gear system has reached the end of its service life, consider replacing the entire ring gear system.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain detailed documentation and records of all maintenance and service activities performed on the ring gear system. Keep track of inspection results, lubrication schedules, repairs, parts replacements, and any other relevant information. These records help establish a maintenance history, track performance trends, and provide valuable reference information for future maintenance and troubleshooting.
It’s important to note that the specific maintenance and service procedures may vary depending on the type of ring gear system, its application, and the manufacturer’s guidelines. Always refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations and consult with experts or professionals when necessary to ensure proper maintenance and servicing of the ring gear system.
Can you explain the concept of meshing with a ring gear?
Meshing with a ring gear refers to the process of engaging and interlocking the teeth of a gear with the internal teeth of a ring gear. It is a fundamental concept in gear systems where the rotation and torque transfer occur between two gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of the concept of meshing with a ring gear:
When two gears come into contact and their teeth interlock, they are said to be meshing. In the case of a ring gear, the meshing occurs when the teeth of an external gear, such as a pinion gear, engage with the internal teeth of the ring gear. The teeth of the pinion gear fit precisely between the teeth of the ring gear, creating a mechanical connection.
The process of meshing involves several important considerations:
- Tooth Engagement: Proper tooth engagement is crucial for efficient and smooth meshing. The teeth of the gears must align correctly to ensure a proper fit. This alignment ensures that the teeth make contact at the correct pitch point and maintain a consistent mesh throughout the gear rotation.
- Tooth Profile: The tooth profile, such as the shape and size of the teeth, is designed to facilitate smooth meshing. The profile ensures that the teeth slide smoothly against each other without excessive friction, noise, or wear. The tooth profile also affects the load distribution, torque transmission, and overall performance of the gear system.
- Lubrication: Lubrication plays a crucial role in the meshing process. It helps reduce friction and wear between the teeth, ensuring smooth operation and preventing damage to the gears. Proper lubrication also helps dissipate heat generated during meshing, improving the overall efficiency and reliability of the gear system.
- Clearance and Backlash: Clearance and backlash are important considerations in gear meshing. Clearance refers to the space between the tips of the teeth of the external gear and the root of the teeth of the ring gear. Backlash is the amount of play or movement between the engaged teeth. Proper clearance and backlash are necessary to prevent interference, ensure smooth rotation, and accommodate any misalignment or thermal expansion that may occur during operation.
The quality of the meshing directly affects the performance, efficiency, and reliability of the gear system. Proper design, manufacturing precision, and maintenance practices are essential to achieve optimal meshing between gears, including ring gears.
It’s important to note that the specific parameters and requirements for meshing, such as tooth geometry, clearance, backlash, and lubrication, may vary depending on the application, gear type, and operating conditions.
editor by CX 2023-10-07