High Quality Casting Girth Gear for Ball Mill
Rotary Kiln girth gear
AS Metal is the company of the right choice for rotary kiln girth gear.
Rotary kiln girth gear is the key component to support the transmission system stability of rotary kiln. The rotary kiln girth gear is placed near to a rotary kiln tyre so that it is accurately aligned with the kiln axis, with minimal wobble. Rotary kiln girth gear is normal for the nearby tyre to be fixed in position with supporting rollers, so that as the kiln expands on warming up, the rolling gear position remains fairly constant, while the nose and tail of the kiln expand outward.
1. Wooden pattern Production
4. First cleaning
5. Heat treatment – grinding (inspection)
6. Rough machining (inspection)-finishing machining (inspection)
1. Nondestructive testing is performed to ensure zero defects
2. Machining of gear in multiple steps to ensure best finish and accuracy
3. Final quality inspection to ensure CPG quality
We also have these
HangZhou Metal Co., Ltd. (ASMT) serves in metallurgical (especial steel & aluminum), mining, mineral, cement etc. industry, integrating manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management, construction of package in domestic and abroad, international trade etc..
1. Whole process quality control, from raw material to delivery
* Processes including: raw material, pattern, casting, heat treatment, machining, packing
2. Regular reporting for any update for process
*Reports contents including:
Chemical composition, Mechanical properties, Dimensional inspection, Ultrasonic test (UT), Magnetic particle inspection (MT), Penetrant flaw detection (PT)
Why choose us?
Why Choose Us?
1. Pre-sales service:
To supply product application technological communication, drawing design, process
design, test plan and packing and unloading plan.
2. In-sales service:
To supply production process report and inspection report.
To actively associate shipping with customers.
3. After-sales service:
To supply remote training instruction on in-site operation.
To supply solution to unexpected problem arising at user’s site.
To follow up product’s service life.
Packaging & Shipping
We will choose the best mode of transportation for you.Fast, high safety, simple operation.
Exquisite and strong packing, ensure you receive the most perfect goods.
1. Q: How about delivery time?
A: After receiving the payment, we will put the goods into production as soon as possible to ensure that you can receive the goods quickly. Due to the different delivery time of different products, if you need a specific delivery time, you can contact our online customer service, 24 hours online.
2. Q: What is the loading port?
A: We will arrange the best loading port according to your requirement.
3. Q: Can you do OEM?
A: Yes, we welcome OEM for our customers. We have professional technical personnel to provide technical support.
|Type:||Clay Dry Sand|
|Casting Method:||pressure Crystallization|
|Sand Core Type:||Sodium Silicate Sand Core|
|Material:||Copper and Copper Alloy|
How do you install a ring gear system?
Installing a ring gear system requires careful attention to ensure proper alignment, engagement, and secure attachment. Here’s a detailed explanation of the installation process:
- Prepare the Components: Gather all the necessary components for the ring gear system installation, including the ring gear, driving gear, and any other associated gears or components.
- Clean the Surfaces: Thoroughly clean the mounting surfaces of the gears and the mating components to remove any dirt, debris, or old lubricant. Clean surfaces will ensure better engagement and prevent contamination of the gear system.
- Inspect the Gears: Carefully inspect the ring gear and other gears for any signs of damage, wear, or misalignment. Check the teeth for any chips, cracks, or irregularities that may affect the performance of the gear system. Replace any damaged or worn gears before proceeding with the installation.
- Ensure Proper Alignment: Align the ring gear and the driving gear in the desired configuration. The alignment depends on the specific gear system and application requirements. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines or engineering specifications to achieve the correct alignment.
- Establish Gear Engagement: Position the driving gear in close proximity to the ring gear and ensure proper engagement of the gear teeth. The teeth should mesh smoothly and evenly without any gaps or interference. Adjust the positioning of the gears if necessary to achieve optimal engagement.
- Secure Attachment: Once the gears are properly aligned and engaged, secure the ring gear in place. This may involve bolting or fastening the ring gear to a stationary component or housing. Follow the recommended torque specifications provided by the manufacturer to ensure proper tightening without overloading the gear system.
- Check Clearance and Backlash: Verify that there is adequate clearance between the gears and other nearby components to prevent interference during operation. Also, check the backlash, which is the slight gap between the meshing teeth, to ensure it falls within the recommended range. Adjust the gear positioning if clearance or backlash is outside the acceptable limits.
- Apply Lubrication: Apply the appropriate lubricant to the gear teeth and the mating surfaces to reduce friction and wear. Refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations for the type and amount of lubricant to use. Proper lubrication is crucial for smooth gear operation and longevity.
- Perform Function and Safety Tests: After the installation, perform function tests to ensure the gear system operates smoothly and without any abnormal noise or vibration. Additionally, check for any safety considerations, such as the presence of appropriate guards or protective covers if required for the specific application.
It’s important to note that the installation process may vary depending on the specific gear system, machinery, and manufacturer’s guidelines. Always refer to the provided instructions and consult with experts or professionals if needed to ensure a proper and accurate installation of the ring gear system.
Can you provide examples of machinery that use ring gears?
Machinery in various industries utilize ring gears for different applications. Here are some examples of machinery that commonly use ring gears:
- Automotive Transmissions: Ring gears are an integral part of automotive transmissions. They are used in automatic transmissions, manual transmissions, and dual-clutch transmissions. Ring gears help transmit power from the engine to the wheels by engaging with the pinion gear or other associated gears.
- Industrial Gearboxes: Ring gears are extensively used in industrial gearboxes, which are employed in a wide range of applications. Gearboxes in industries such as manufacturing, mining, construction, and energy generation use ring gears to transmit power and control rotational speed. They provide torque multiplication and speed reduction or increase as required by the specific machinery.
- Wind Turbines: Ring gears are crucial components in wind turbines. They are used in the main gearbox to convert the rotational motion of the wind turbine blades into electrical power. The ring gear connects the rotor shaft to the generator, enabling the transmission and conversion of the mechanical energy into electrical energy.
- Rotary Tables: Rotary tables are used in machining operations to provide precise positioning and rotational movement. They are commonly found in milling machines, drilling machines, and machining centers. Ring gears are employed in the rotary tables to enable smooth and accurate rotation, allowing for precise machining and indexing of workpieces.
- Printing Presses: Printing presses, particularly those used for high-speed commercial printing, often incorporate ring gears. Ring gears help drive the paper feed mechanisms and synchronize the movement of various components, ensuring precise control and alignment during the printing process.
- Excavators and Earthmoving Equipment: Large construction machinery, such as excavators and earthmoving equipment, rely on ring gears for their hydraulic systems. Ring gears enable the rotation and control of the excavator’s superstructure, including the boom, arm, and bucket. They provide the necessary power and torque for efficient digging, lifting, and material handling.
- Conveyor Systems: Ring gears are utilized in conveyor systems, which are widely used in industries for material handling and transportation. They are often employed in large-scale conveyors to drive the pulleys and facilitate the movement of heavy loads along the conveyor belts. Ring gears ensure smooth and reliable operation of the conveyor systems.
- Robotics and Automation: Ring gears find applications in robotics and automation systems. They are used in robotic arms and joints to enable precise and controlled movement. Ring gears provide the necessary torque and rotational capabilities for various robotic applications, including assembly, pick-and-place operations, and material manipulation.
These examples represent just a few of the many machinery and equipment types that utilize ring gears. The versatility and reliability of ring gears make them essential components in various industries, where they play a crucial role in transmitting power, controlling movement, and ensuring efficient operation of machinery.
How do ring gears differ from other types of gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, possess distinct characteristics that set them apart from other types of gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of how ring gears differ from other gears:
- Tooth Configuration: The most significant difference between ring gears and other gears is their tooth configuration. In a ring gear, the teeth are located on the inside circumference of a circular ring, whereas in other gears such as spur gears, helical gears, and bevel gears, the teeth are present on the outer surface of the gear. This internal tooth arrangement makes ring gears unique and allows them to mesh with pinion gears or other external gears.
- Gear Assembly: The assembly of ring gears differs from other gears. In most cases, ring gears are used in combination with pinion gears or other external gears. The pinion gear meshes with the teeth on the inside of the ring gear. This gear set configuration enables the transmission of rotational motion and torque.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute the load over a larger area compared to other types of gears. The load is spread across the internal teeth of the ring gear, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and enhanced gear durability. This load distribution characteristic makes ring gears suitable for applications that involve high loads or continuous operation.
- Gear Ratio: Ring gears offer specific advantages in terms of gear ratios. They are commonly used in applications where high gear ratios are required. The gear ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the ring gear compared to the number of teeth on the mating gear (such as a pinion gear). The internal tooth configuration of the ring gear allows for larger gear diameters, enabling higher gear ratios to be achieved.
- Space Utilization: Ring gears provide a compact design compared to some other types of gears. The internal tooth arrangement allows for a more space-efficient gear assembly. This compactness is advantageous in applications where space is limited or where a high gear ratio needs to be achieved within a confined area.
- Applications: Ring gears are commonly used in automotive transmissions, differential systems, planetary gear systems, industrial machinery, robotics, power generation equipment, and heavy machinery. Their unique characteristics make them suitable for applications that require precise motion control, load distribution, and high gear ratios.
It’s important to note that the specific design, tooth profile, material selection, and manufacturing techniques may vary for different types of gears, including ring gears. Each type of gear is designed to meet specific application requirements, operating conditions, and performance needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-08