Our Gear, Pinion Shaft, Ring Gear Capabilities:
|Capabilities of Gears/ Splines|
|Item||Internal Gears and Internal Splines||External Gears and External Splines|
|Max O.D.||2500 mm|
|Max Face Width(mm)||500||1480|
|DIN Class Level||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4|
|Tooth Finish||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6|
|Max Helix Angle||±22.5°||±45°|
Our Main Products
1. Spur Gear
2. Planetary Gear
3. Metal Gears
4. Gear Wheel
5. Ring Gear
6. Gear Shaft
7. Helical Gear
8. Pinion Gear
9. Spline Shaft
1. 21 years experience in high quality gear, gear shaft’s production, sales and R&D.
2. Our Gear, Gear Shaft are certificated by ISO9001: 2008 and ISO14001: 2004.
3. CHINAMFG has more than 50 patents in high quality Gear, Gear Shaft manufacturing.
4. CHINAMFG products are exported to America, Europe.
5. Experience in cooperate with many Fortune 500 Companies
1) In-house capability: OEM service as per customers’ requests, with in-house tooling design & fabricating
2) Professional engineering capability: On product design, optimization and performance analysis
3) Manufacturing capability range: DIN 3960 class 8 to 4, ISO 1328 class 8 to 4, AGMA 2000 class 10-15, JIS 1702-1703 class 0 to 2, etc.
4) Packing: Tailor-made packaging method according to customer’s requirement
5) Just-in-time delivery capability
1. Q: Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we can do that.
2. Q: If I don’t have drawing, what can you do for me?
A: If you don’t have drawing, but have the sample part, you may send us. We will check if we can make it or not.
3. Q: How do you make sure the quality of your products?
A: We will do a series of inspections, such as:
A. Raw material inspection (includes chemical and physical mechanical characters inspection),
B. Machining process dimensional inspection (includes: 1st pc inspection, self inspection, final inspection),
C. Heat treatment result inspection,
D. Gear tooth inspection (to know the achieved gear quality level),
E. Magnetic particle inspection (to know if there’s any cracks in the gear).
We will provide you the reports 1 set for each batch/ shipment.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
What lubrication is required for ring gears?
Proper lubrication is essential for the optimal performance and longevity of ring gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of the lubrication requirements for ring gears:
- Type of Lubricant: The type of lubricant used for ring gears depends on various factors, including the application, operating conditions, and gear design. Common lubricants for ring gears include gear oils, grease, and synthetic lubricants. Gear oils are specifically formulated for gear systems and provide excellent lubrication and protection against wear. Grease is often used in applications where the gear system operates at lower speeds or requires higher viscosity lubrication. Synthetic lubricants offer enhanced performance, durability, and resistance to extreme temperatures and loads.
- Lubricant Properties: The lubricant chosen for ring gears should possess certain properties to ensure effective lubrication. These properties include high film strength, good thermal stability, resistance to oxidation, and anti-wear characteristics. The lubricant should also be compatible with the materials used in the ring gear system to prevent damage or degradation of the gear surfaces.
- Viscosity: Viscosity is an important consideration when selecting lubrication for ring gears. Viscosity refers to the thickness or resistance to flow of the lubricant. It is crucial to choose a lubricant with the appropriate viscosity to ensure proper lubrication film formation between the gear teeth. If the lubricant’s viscosity is too low, it may not provide sufficient lubrication, leading to increased wear. Conversely, if the viscosity is too high, it may cause excessive friction and energy loss. The recommended viscosity range is typically specified by the gear manufacturer or industry standards.
- Lubrication Method: The lubrication method for ring gears can vary depending on the specific application and gear system design. For enclosed gear systems, such as gearboxes or sealed housings, lubrication is typically performed by filling the housing with the recommended lubricant to the appropriate level. In open gear systems, such as large industrial gears, lubricant application methods may include spray systems, drip lubrication, or circulation systems. The lubrication method should ensure sufficient coverage and distribution of the lubricant to all gear surfaces.
- Lubrication Frequency: Regular lubrication maintenance is crucial to keep ring gears properly lubricated. The frequency of lubrication depends on the operating conditions, gear system design, and the lubricant used. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations or industry standards regarding lubrication intervals. Regular inspections should also be conducted to monitor the lubricant condition, check for contamination, and replenish or replace the lubricant as needed.
- Environmental Considerations: Environmental factors, such as temperature, moisture, and contamination, can affect the performance of the lubricant and the ring gears. It is important to consider these factors when selecting the lubricant. Extreme temperatures may require lubricants with enhanced thermal stability, while exposure to moisture or harsh contaminants may necessitate lubricants with better resistance to corrosion or water washout.
To ensure the proper lubrication of ring gears, it is advisable to consult the gear manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines. They can provide specific information regarding the suitable lubricant type, viscosity range, lubrication method, and maintenance practices for the particular ring gear system.
How do you prevent backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism?
Preventing backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism is crucial for ensuring accurate and precise operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to prevent backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism:
- Precise Gear Design: The design of the ring gear and associated gears should be carefully engineered to minimize backlash. This involves selecting appropriate tooth profiles and gear geometry that promote proper meshing and minimize clearance between the gear teeth. The gear design should consider factors such as tooth thickness, pressure angle, and tooth contact ratio to achieve optimal gear meshing without excessive play.
- Tight Manufacturing Tolerances: Close manufacturing tolerances are essential to reduce backlash in a ring gear mechanism. The gear components, including the ring gear and mating gears, should be produced with high precision to ensure accurate tooth dimensions and minimize any gaps or play between the gear teeth. Tight manufacturing tolerances help achieve a tighter meshing fit, reducing backlash and gear play.
- Proper Gear Alignment: Accurate alignment of the ring gear and mating gears is crucial for minimizing backlash. The gears should be properly aligned along their axes to ensure precise engagement and minimize any misalignment that can contribute to play. Adequate alignment can be achieved through careful assembly techniques, such as using alignment fixtures, proper shimming, and precision measurement tools.
- Preload or Pre-tension: Applying preload or pre-tension to the ring gear mechanism can help reduce backlash and gear play. Preload involves applying a slight compressive force or tension to eliminate any clearance or gaps between the gear teeth during operation. This can be achieved through various methods, such as using spring-loaded components, adjustable shims, or axial preloading devices.
- Optimized Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for reducing friction and minimizing gear play. Lubricants with appropriate viscosity and film strength should be used to ensure smooth gear operation and reduce any unwanted movement or play between the gear teeth. Regular lubricant maintenance, such as monitoring oil levels and replenishing or replacing lubricants as needed, helps maintain optimal lubrication conditions and minimize backlash.
- Mechanical Backlash Compensation: In some applications, mechanical compensation mechanisms can be employed to actively compensate for any residual backlash. These mechanisms can include systems with adjustable clearances, anti-backlash devices, or dual-gear arrangements that counteract the effects of backlash. Mechanical backlash compensation techniques can help maintain precise positioning and eliminate any undesired play in the gear mechanism.
By implementing these measures, it is possible to significantly reduce or eliminate backlash and gear play in a ring gear mechanism. Careful gear design, tight manufacturing tolerances, proper alignment, preload or pre-tension, optimized lubrication, and mechanical compensation techniques all play a role in ensuring accurate and precise operation of the ring gear mechanism.
What is a ring gear and how does it work?
A ring gear is a type of gear that features teeth on the outer perimeter of a circular ring-shaped component. It is commonly used in various mechanical systems and applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of what a ring gear is and how it works:
A ring gear, also known as an annular gear or internal gear, is a gear with teeth on the inside circumference of a circular ring. It is designed to mesh with a pinion gear or another gear that has teeth on the outside. The combination of a ring gear and a pinion gear forms a gear set, enabling the transmission of rotational motion and torque between the two gears.
Here’s how a ring gear works:
- Tooth Engagement: When a ring gear and a pinion gear are brought together, the teeth of the pinion gear mesh with the teeth of the ring gear. The teeth of the pinion gear enter the spaces between the teeth of the ring gear, creating a mechanical connection between the two gears.
- Motion Transmission: As the driving gear (such as the pinion gear) rotates, it transfers rotational motion to the ring gear. The teeth of the driving gear push against the teeth of the ring gear, causing the ring gear to rotate in the opposite direction. This rotational motion can be used to drive other components or systems connected to the ring gear.
- Torque Transfer: The meshing of the teeth between the ring gear and the driving gear allows for the transfer of torque. Torque is the rotational force or twisting force applied to a gear. As the driving gear exerts torque on the ring gear through the meshing teeth, the ring gear experiences a torque load. This torque load can be transmitted to other components or systems connected to the ring gear.
- Gear Ratio: The gear ratio between the ring gear and the driving gear determines the speed and torque relationship between the two gears. The gear ratio is defined as the ratio of the number of teeth on the ring gear to the number of teeth on the driving gear. By changing the size or number of teeth on either the ring gear or the driving gear, the gear ratio can be adjusted to achieve the desired speed or torque output.
- Load Distribution: The ring gear distributes the load over a larger area compared to other types of gears. This load distribution characteristic allows the ring gear to handle higher loads and torque. The design of the ring gear and its tooth profile ensures that the load is evenly distributed across the surface of the gear, enhancing its durability and reducing the risk of premature wear or failure.
Ring gears are commonly used in various applications, including automotive transmissions, differential systems, planetary gear systems, industrial machinery, and power transmission equipment. They provide advantages such as compactness, high torque capacity, load distribution, and the ability to achieve high gear ratios.
It’s important to note that the design and characteristics of ring gears may vary depending on the specific application and requirements. Factors such as tooth profile, material selection, lubrication, and manufacturing techniques are carefully considered to ensure optimal performance and durability of the ring gear.
editor by CX 2023-09-14