The Ring Gear for Planetary Gear Reducer
|1||Name||External Gear Ring|
|2||Size||Products can be customized.|
|3||Manufacture Standard||5-8 Grade ISO1328-1997.|
|5||Production Process||The main process is Gear Hobbing and Gear Grinding, Selecting production process according to the different products.|
|6||Heat Treatment||Carburizing and quenching ,High-frequency quenching,Nitriding, Hardening and tempering, Selecting heat treatment according to the different materials.|
|7||Testing Equipment||Rockwell hardness tester 500RA, Double mesh instrument HD-200B & 3102,Gear measurement center instrument CNC3906T and other High precision detection equipments|
|9||Usage||Used in printing machine, cleaning machine, medical equipment, garden machine, construction machine, electric car, valve, forklift, transportation equipment and various gear reducers.etc|
|10||Package||According to customer’s request|
3. Order process
a. Customer sends us the drawing or sample, If only sample, our company supply the CAD drawing.
b. Our company supplies the processing technique and quotation.
c. Our company supplies the sample after customer confirmed processing technique and quotation.
d. Customer places the order after confirm the sample.
e. Customer pay 50% deposit
f. Quantity production.
g. Pay the balance after the acceptance and confirmation.
|Application:||Electric Cars, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Gear Hobbing and Gear Grinding|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Involute|
How do ring gears contribute to power transmission?
Ring gears play a significant role in power transmission within mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of how ring gears contribute to power transmission:
- Torque Transfer: Ring gears are designed with teeth on their outer or inner circumference, depending on whether they are external or internal ring gears. These teeth mesh with the teeth of other gears, such as pinion gears or planetary gears. As the driving gear rotates, the meshing teeth engage with the ring gear’s teeth, transmitting torque from the driving gear to the ring gear. This torque transfer enables the ring gear to rotate and transmit power to other components or systems connected to it.
- Rotational Motion: Ring gears convert the rotational motion of the driving gear into rotational motion of the ring gear itself. The teeth on the ring gear provide a positive engagement with the teeth of the driving gear, ensuring a synchronized rotation. As the driving gear rotates, the meshing teeth push against the ring gear’s teeth, causing it to rotate in the same direction and at a proportional speed determined by the gear ratio. This rotational motion is crucial for transmitting power to different parts of the system or driving various mechanisms and components.
- Speed Reduction or Increase: Ring gears, in conjunction with other gears in the system, can be used to achieve speed reduction or increase. By varying the sizes of the driving gear, the ring gear, and other intermediate gears, different gear ratios can be achieved. When the driving gear is smaller than the ring gear, the ring gear rotates at a slower speed than the driving gear, resulting in speed reduction. Conversely, if the driving gear is larger, the ring gear rotates at a faster speed, leading to speed increase. This ability to control gear ratios allows for power transmission at desired speeds and enables systems to meet specific operational requirements.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute the transmitted loads across their circumference. The teeth of the ring gear engage with multiple teeth of other gears, ensuring that the load is shared among these meshing points. This load distribution helps prevent localized stress concentrations and excessive wear on specific gear teeth. By distributing the load, ring gears contribute to the overall durability and longevity of the gear system, allowing for reliable power transmission even under demanding conditions.
- Compact and Efficient Design: Ring gears offer a compact and efficient design for power transmission. Their annular shape allows for a high gear ratio within a small space, making them ideal for applications where space is limited. Additionally, ring gears can be integrated into various gear configurations, such as planetary gear systems or gearboxes, which further enhance their power transmission capabilities. This compact and efficient design contributes to overall system efficiency and performance.
Overall, ring gears are essential components in power transmission systems. Through torque transfer, rotational motion, speed control, load distribution, and their compact design, ring gears enable efficient and reliable power transmission in a wide range of mechanical applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-05